1.Definition and function of cookies
Cookies are files downloaded to your computer or device when you access certain websites that collect information about how you browse that website. In some cases, cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and allow a website to save and have access to information on the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the information they contain and the way the device is used, may be used to recognise the user.
2.Types of cookies used
Following the directives of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the cookies used on this site are broken down as follows:
- Session cookies: Collect and store data while the user is on a web page.
- Persistent cookies: Store data on the terminal so it can be accessed and processed for a specific period of time established by the manager of the cookies, which may range from minutes to several years.
- First-party cookies: Sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the editor, from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed not by the editor but by another entity that processes the data obtained with the cookies.
- Technical cookies: Allow users to browse a website, platform or app and use the services and options therein.
- Personalisation cookies: Allow users access to the service with some default general characteristics depending on the criteria of the terminal they are using, such as language, browser type, regional settings, etc.
- Analytics cookies: Allow the cookies manager to follow up on and analyse user behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. Any information collected using this type of cookies is used to measure activity on the websites, apps or platforms in order to improve the analysis of data regarding how users use the service.
- Advertising cookies: Allow for the management of any advertising space that the editor may have included on the website, app or platform from which it provides the service requested as effectively as possible, based on criteria such as the content published and how often ads are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Allow for the management of any advertising space that the editor may have included on the website, app or platform from which it provides the service requested as effectively as possible. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits in order to develop a specific profile and show ads appropriate to this profile.
The following table shows the first- and third-party cookies used on the website and the purpose for each one.
|COOKIE NAME||EXPIRATION||PURPOSE AND TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED||FUNCTIONS AFFECTED IF BLOCKED|
|1 year||This cookie is set up by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and used to store whether the user has consented to cookies. It does not store any personal data.
|COOKIE NAME||EXPIRATION||PURPOSE AND TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED||DOMAIN||FUNCTIONS AFFECTED IF BLOCKED|
|__utma;||2 years||This cookie generates a unique user ID and logs the date, the first and last time the user visited the site. It is used to count the number of times a unique user visits the site.||gruposylvestris.com||Ninguna|
|__utmb;||30 minutes||This cookie logs the time the user arrived to the site and it expires 30 minutes after the last page visited. It is eliminated automatically when the user goes to another site or closes the browser. If a user remains idle on a site for more than 30 minutes (goes to lunch, for example) and returns later to visit the page, this is considered a new user session (1 unique user making 2 visits).
To calculate the time a user remains on the site, the result for the previous page is subtracted from the result for the current page. If the Google Analytics code is modified to log events (clicks or scrolling), we can determine how long the user spent on the last page visited. We can also modify the duration of the session with the _setSessionCookieTimeout() method.
|__utmc;||Session||No longer used.
|__utmz||6 months||This cookie stores where the visitor came from and how they got to the website, i.e. directly, via another site, from an email link, using keywords in a search engine, through a display campaign or via an AdWords campaign. This cookie is used to calculate the traffic from search engines (organic and PPC), display advertising campaigns and browsing on the site (internal links). The cookie is updated each time the user visits the site.||gruposylvestris.com|
You can allow, block or remove cookies on your device using the browser settings. Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to enable private browsing or unblock certain cookies.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom settings.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings.
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy.
For more information, links to the main browsers are provided below:
By browsing and remaining on our website, the user is granting consent to our use of the aforementioned cookies for the periods noted above and according to the conditions laid out in this Cookies policy.
The user may revoke consent to the Cookies policy at any time by deleting the cookies stored on their device using the browser settings.
5.External web services
At times we use external web services to show content on our web pages. Like with social media buttons, we can’t stop these sites, or external domains, from compiling information on how this embedded content is used.
6.Variation of cookies
The Company hereby declares that any variation in the cookies on this website may not be related to its management and maintenance, so they are periodically checked to adapt the Cookies policy.
The Company shall not be held liable for any legal or technical issues that may arise from the USER’s failure to follow the instructions herein. This notification is made for the knowledge and use of users and, as such, may not be used for any other purpose.
The Company shall not be held liable for the contents or the accuracy of any privacy policies that may belong to the third parties mentioned in this cookies policy.
7. Updates and changes to the Cookies policy
This Cookies policy may be modified to reflect new legal requirements, regulations or instructions from the Spanish Data Protection Agency. As such we recommend users check back periodically.